Monday, June 29, 2015

A Colorful Hello


It's been a very watercolor-y weekend in the studio! I had tons of fun making all sorts of watercolored backgrounds, many of which will show up during Reverse Confetti's upcoming July release. Peeks begin July 5. I'm super excited to share with you the new stamp sets and dies! 






I've been crazy inspired lately by the vibrant watercoloring in so many of Yoonsun Hur's gorgeous creations (here, here, and here, just to link to a few). I've also found loads of watercolor inspiration at Shutterstock, just by browsing through the stock art there. (Search on "watercolor background," "watercolor splash," and "watercolor stripes," just to name a few good ones.)

The rainbow stripes in today's card were inspired specifically by this stock art. Mine is a little more vibrant, thanks to the very pigmented Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors I chose to use, and a little more messy (on purpose). I was playing around with layering and blending, experimenting with adding stripes both before and after the stripe above or below had fully dried, and experimenting with adding water droplets. Just messing around, but I liked the results enough to turn it into a card.


The cloud transparency is the Simply Spring Clouds Transparency by Bella Boulevard.


I die-cut three hellos using Reverse Confetti's Hello Confetti Cuts, adhered them together, and then stitched through the die-cut, the transparency, and the rainbow panel. Last, I added some large clear sequins for some extra pizzazz.


CONFETTI CUTS DIES: Hello

PAPER: watercolor paper, white card stock

OTHER: Bella Boulevard Simply Spring Clouds Transparency, Pretty Pink Posh clear sequins, sewing machine




Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

cebelica said...

This is absolutely stunning. I love it!
Hugs! xx

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is gorgeous! I love the rainbow watercolor background!!

Shari said...

Those colors are just gorgeous. The whole thing is so beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Karen said...

Absolutely LOVE your rainbow and clouds... just beautiful!