Sunday, July 26, 2015

Welcome - July SFYTT


Just a colorful reminder that there's still time to play along with Reverse Confetti's July SFYTT.



The deadline is noon CST on the 29th. Hope you'll join us! All are welcome to play, and if you use Reverse Confetti stamps, you're eligible for a $20 Reverse Confetti gift certificate.

Here's the sketch, and the link-up is HERE:


At a recent crafty get-together with friends, I was remarking on how my style seems to be changing, and I don't use patterned paper as much as I used to. So for today's card, I challenged myself to make a card out of almost all patterned paper.


The papers are from the lovely Poolside 6x6 collection by Crate Paper. For the large circle element on the sketch, I subbed in a pineapple trio stamped with Reverse Confetti's Pineapples Aplenty stamp set and die-cut with the coordinating Pineapples Aplenty Confetti Cuts. The paint chip-looking panel was die-cut using the large rounded rectangle die from the Documented Confetti Cuts set. 


Also from the Documented Confetti Cuts set is this cute little notched flag. I machine stitched it to the rounded rectangle, then lightly pulled the top and bottom forward for a little dimension.

Visit the Reverse Confetti blog today for more July SFYTT inspiration.


CONFETTI CUTS DIES: Pineapples Aplenty, Documented

PAPER: teal, stone, and white card stock; Crate Paper Poolside 6x6 collection

OTHER: gold embroidery floss, black enamel dots, sewing machine, foam adhesive, distressing tool



Thanks for visiting today, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend!

2 comments:

Oliwiaen said...

I've always admired your ability to combine patterned papers so that the designs go so well together and are...so to put it..."well visible" :) So nice to see that again on this card :)

Leigh Penner said...

I love this!