Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Queen & Company Snow Globe Kit

Hi all! I'm on the Queen & Co. blog today helping to introduce the super clever Snow Globe Kit! I love that this kit includes stamps and supplies for both fall and winter cards. Today I'm sharing two fall cards.


My first card is a shaker card. Inside the globe I've stamped a tree with some fall leaves. To get the watercolor effect, I painted over the stamped images with a wet paintbrush, moving some of that ink around to blur and soften the leaves. Once the "watercoloring" was dry, I added some fine splatter. 



For shaker filler, I've used a variety of fall-colored pearlies and diamond toppings.



To finish the globe, I added the stamped base, a stamped leaf embellishment, and a Green Iridescent Bubble. (If you picked up the adorable Halloween Hoopla kit, you might have a few of these left over!)



For balance, I added a pair of stamped leaves, cord, and another Green Iridescent Bubble to the the globe.




Be sure to save those big foam circles you pop out to create your shakers. They work great on cards too!


Here I've stamped a similar fall tree, more colors and a different leaf this time, but same watercolor effect and same splatter. You can use the Foam Front Die - Circle to cut a perfectly sized circle for that leftover foam.



I added a sentiment by mixing a "hello" die-cut and the word "autumn" that I cut out of a piece of patterned paper. The "hello" die I used here is part of the Heart Throb Kit.




So glad you stopped by!

SaveSaveSaveSave

7 comments:

Mariecrea said...

Bonjour
bravo pour ces magnifiques créations. j'adore.

Katherine said...

Amy you cards are always a delight. I was wondering where you found the “diamonds” that you use in your shaker cards?

Amy Sheffer said...

Katherine, I hope you see this :) The diamonds are from Queen & Co. An assortment of fall colors is included in the Snow Globe Kit (link is above in the blog post). Two other diamond assortments are available separately in the Q&Co store: Pastel Diamonds and Primary Diamonds. Go to queenandcompany.com and search "diamonds." Sorry I can't figure out how to include links in this comment!

Katherine said...

Thanks Amy, after I was sure where they were from I searched the site and found them. Your cards are always so inspiring. I have been a fan of yours for more years than I like to admit.😊

Amy Sheffer said...

Thank you so much Katherine! You've made my day!

Peggy said...


Hi Amy--
I have a question. Do I need the Nesting Circle die set AND the Foam Front Circle Die to make these cards?

I have so many circle die sets already. I would purchase the Foam Front set as you recommended but do I need the other one?

I am a big fan of yours and have been eyeing all these shaker kits for a few months now because I love your cards. I'm ready to try them out since I am all thumbs when it come to making shaker cards but you make these look easy.

Thanks, Peggy

Amy Sheffer said...

Hi Peggy, if you have other circle dies, yes, I think you could get away without the Foam Front Circle Die. That die makes it super easy because the circle is the exact right size and in the exact right position, but with a little measuring and/or trimming, it's totally possible with any circle die that is around the same size. (I used a stitched circle die from my stash for the stitched frame on the first card, for example.) Thank you so much for your kind words, too! I hope you have good luck with these shaker kits. They really do make shaker cards quite easy!